Go to around 18:30 in the video to skip to his talk. I think he’s pretty good at putting his ideas forth and I agree (in general) with his conclusions and queries.
Some interesting points:
- The nature and use of knowledge and information are changing and, thus, educational needs are changing.
- We need to get credit (as academics) for social media creation. How many tenure committees are going to consider even a high-quality blog? Very few to be sure.
- Content captured without context makes less sense. How much of the context do we need to capture?
- Major challenges require a socio-technical, interdisciplinary approach. The interdisciplinary part is probably the most difficult. Getting out of our established groupings to collaborate with others outside is difficult.
- Need to “cultivate a resilient mindset in our students – an ability to change, adapt, re-conceptualize, and engage in deep listening with humility in an act-reflect, provisional loop.”